Monday, October 31, 2011

A birthday ritual

I recently had my 31st birthday. A year ago I did a birthday ritual: thought about my past and future and decided what I wanted to achieve next year. I'm proud to announce that I achieved the goals I set a year ago. My goals for the next 12 months are 1) taking good care of my family, 2) gaining wealth, 3) X, 4) staying in good physical shape. Of course I've got more specific determinations of these goals but I'm not going to review them here. Even though I'm not very good at visualising things, I've tried to picture myself next year in this kind of situation.

When you specify your goals for a specific time, you have a direction to go to and you can spend your time in a meaningful way. And if you set goals that inspire you, define them well and work on them consistently, you are  most likely going to achieve them.

No comments:

Post a Comment